August 26, 2010

Copyright Infringement!


It's always disappointing when you find someone copying your work. I know "Keep Calm and Carry On" parodies are popular, but some people just don't realize that the original poster is in the public domain, not someone's parody! You can't make your own version of someone else's riff on it.

I was very upset to come across this shirt and print which copy my "Keep Calm and Grow a Mustache" prints (above) and t-shirts. As I came up with the phrase myself, I own the copyright. If you could email them and please ask them to take it down (I've already done so, but oftentimes people refuse to comply), I would really appreciate it! Going after copyright infringers unfortunately runs up very expensive legal bills, so lawyers have to be a last resort.

Thank you guys in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...