October 30, 2013

New Print by Angie Lewin


I've been following Angie Lewin for awhile. I just love the way she combines colors, and captures the essence of flowers and garden scenes so perfectly. As a fellow gardener, I love her newest piece, "Autumn Garden, Norfolk". It depicts a different, rarer side of fall - not the familiar, blazing trees and leaves but the other, humbler plants still living. You see the last of the flowers blooming, like the sunflowers here, and other plants going to seed and becoming bare skeletons. I really love the poppy seed pods in this. They remind me of my grandmother's garden.

See "Autumn Garden, Norfolk" larger here, and more of Angie's prints via St. Jude's Prints here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...