October 24, 2014

The Pumpkin Patch


We recently took a trip to the pumpkin patch as a family of three. Our little guy was fascinated by all the pumpkins and squashes, and so was I! I've never seen most of these varieties and colors before. The pale, cantaloupe-colored ones above were a favorite, a nice change from the sometimes almost-too-gaudy bright orange pumpkins.


I think these might be Jarrahdales (correct me if I'm wrong, please!). They were a grayish blue-green, sort of the color of certain aged cheese rinds I've seen. Definitely appropriate for Halloween, as they appear to be decaying a bit, don't you think? Pretty eerie.


I have no idea which variety this is, but I was amazed by their combination of pastel orange and green tones. They look like they've been dip-dyed or painted. They were so pretty against the pale straw underneath, and reminded me of an Impressionist painting.

Which pumpkins are you using in your decor this year? Are you using any unusual varieties?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...