April 29, 2015

Warm Weather is Here...


The breeze finally carries more spring warmth than winter chill, the daffodils are blooming, the trees are starting to bud...and all I want to do is go for a swim! Maybe I'm just trying to wash off all the road salt and sand from the record-setting Boston winter we had that I'm sure has seeped into my skin and permeated my bones. I don't remember a winter that felt as long and hopeless as this past one! More than one "Winter is Coming...oh wait, it's here and never going away!" joke was cracked (*in hindsight, not a terribly funny slogan, feel free NOT to laugh...).

Too bad the Atlantic is still far, FAR too frigid for a dip. And the local pool is closed til nearly July. So, I guess I'll just have to stare at this lovely linocut of swimmers diving into and frolicking in a pool of water by Jing Wei on Etsy and count down the days. Or just find a really, really big puddle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...