June 4, 2013

Early Summer Favorites



Here are some of my early summer Etsy favorites, inspired by starry summer nights and the smell of saltwater waves at the beach!

This whale hanging etched with a ship image from Edies Lab reminds me of old scrimshaw carvings. It'd be perfect over a mantel or sofa.



This linocut by Mag Print depicts West Mabou Beach on Cape Breton in Nova Scotia. I've never been to Nova Scotia (although I plan on going some day!), so I'll have to live vicariously through this lovely, beachy scene instead.


This is one of my all-time favorite books! You can't go wrong with anything by Robert McCloskey, even if you don't have Maine roots like I do. He's equally well-known for his books Blueberries for Sal and Make Way for Ducklings (the former is another favorite of mine!). This book is filled with amazing sketches depicting the wildlife around the sea in Maine, and the lives of these two little girls shown here. You can find it used from BookBW here, or new from any bookseller.


Here's another lovely linocut, called "Evening Trees", by Perla Anne. It reminds me of being a little kid in the summertime, laying on my back in the grass and staring up at the stars in the night sky through the branches of the maple trees around our yard. Simple yet magical!

Finally, some handmade Maine wild blueberry goat milk soap from Meadowfly Farm! You can read their story on their website, and I think you'll really be touched by how they raise their goats. This isn't a mass-farming operation, it's small and personal!

What are you liking from Etsy and beyond these days for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...