January 17, 2013

Pinspirations

I'm still getting together photos of my Christmas decor. So in the meantime, I thought I'd post some of my favorite recent pins from my Pinterest page! Click on the pictures to go to the pin/see more details.

.

Vintage lockets from Bhldn, Anthropologie's sister site for wedding dresses and jewelry. You can also find lovely, well-priced old lockets on Ebay.


A photo of Derbyshire in England, taken by Rick Harrison. I'd love to go here some day! It looks serene and breathtakingly beautiful.


How to make your own wax seal from a button, by Offbeat Bride. Seals don't have to be solely for fancy wedding invitations, you could easily use this trick for valentines or just regular letters as well for an extra personal touch.


I've always been mesmerized by the colorful domes of St. Basil's in Moscow. Luckily, Paper Matrix has created a free pattern so you can weave your own "onion" domes out of paper. These could be really amazing cake toppers, don't you think? Silver and gold paper would turn them into very elegant accents for a wedding or winter wonderland-type cake.


From I Spy DIY, a really cute and easy way to jazz up a plain sweater. This would be great for kids, but could work for brave adults as well (I'm not sure I would have the stones to rock that many pom poms).


First of all, let's talk about this amazing shade of ginger. I'm so jealous. While also a fellow redhead, only my highlights get THAT light. The rest of the time, I'm very auburn or a dark red/chestnut mix. However, my favorite part is Sara Lynn Paige's easy Short Gibson tuck. I'm not one of those people who really "does" my hair (I never know what to do, you know?) and even *I* can master this. It's easy and looks great whether in a casual or formal setting. Two thumbs up.


I didn't watch the Golden Globes, but I *did* catch up on all the dresses afterwards. Lady Mary is look very modern and elegant here. I love the gold part at the top, the high neck, and the sleeves. Here's hoping someone makes a knock-off version for not-filthy-rich folks like me asap! (Photo from The Daily Mail in London.)

I also have a Valentine's Day board up, in case anyone else is already daydreaming about shades of red and pink and hearts everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...