October 17, 2013

Love List



Just thought I'd write about a few of the things I'm loving this fall! Have I mentioned my obsession with plaids yet? I blame my Scottish heritage for me loving every single piece of tartan I see. Oddly enough, I only own a few plaid things - I think I like too many kinds and colors to make up my mind which one to purchase! This shawl is from MadMakCloset on Etsy.




I know it comes from a bag and is extremely fake, but I can eat an entire bag of CrackerJacks on my own. (I'm actually a little ashamed to admit that out loud...) The combination of sweet and salty is just too good, and I love the crunch of popcorn! With this salted caramel corn recipe from Cookies and Cups, I can at least make a less-processed version on my own. We already make our own kettle corn in our popper (I'll have to post that recipe some day), but this kind looks even better!



Isabelle Arsenault's illustrations in "Once Upon a Northern Night" are so magical. They really evoke the quiet stillness and hushed sounds of a wintry, snowy night.


When summer nights fade and there's a chill in the air, I like to bring back Sunday afternoon tea time with the husband. We curl up with something sweet and steaming mugs of tea, coffee, or hot cocoa and just enjoy each other's company. It's one of my favorite traditions! I'm thinking of making this Earl Grey Tea Loaf from Vanillyn next weekend. I'm not really a  fan of white chocolate, so I think I'd switch the icing to a lemon or orange glaze instead.


Another one of my obsessions, other than plaids? Foxes. I don't know why, I'm just fascinated by them. This gold and black fox screen print from WetPaint is fancy enough to not look out of place in a sleek, modern dining room or living room but is playful enough for a kid's or baby's room as well.

What are YOU loving this fall? Share your finds in the comments please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...