March 18, 2016

Spring's First Crocuses


My little guy and I like to go flower-watching while on our daily ramble. We'd been watching these crocuses for a few days, and finally caught them opening up one sunny morning this past week! The orange centers are so bright they almost look fake, and how beautiful are those subtle purple stripes inside? I'm definitely partial to the purple variety.



The way they're spread out and not very numerous makes me wonder how these came to be here. Did someone plant a lone bulb or two, or were they volunteers from the wind or animals? Either way, I'm glad we came across them.

I'm hoping to get out my sewing machine this weekend, in which case I'll have a DIY tutorial for you early next week - in time for Easter (hint, hint)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...